It is highly advised that you consult with a conservator before acquiring new artwork. Our team of professionals can provide you with valuable information before purchasing a new piece to add to your collection. Specialists evaluate the painting, check for past treatments, and provide you with a condition report for future reference. Technical examination of paintings includes chemical or microscopic analysis as well as ultraviolet fluorescence and infrared photography. Inquire about installation, framing, and storage environments. Collection care and assessments are also available and encouraged. Yearly painting evaluations can prevent the emergency need for treatment and prolong the longevity of your artwork.
Artcare Conservation actively participates in conservation education through publishing, research, and lectures. We also host interns and visiting conservators from around the world; hosting advanced seminars and workshops; presentations at professional meetings; and lecture to interested community groups.
Painting Conservation and Collection Services
– Treatment of Paintings from 14th to the 21st Centuries
– Emergency Treatment for Damaged Paintings
– Mural and Large Format Works
– Insurance Claims
– Determination of Condition and Extent of Past Treatment
– Condition Assessment and Treatment Proposals
– Storage and Travel Recommendations
– Consultation with Packers and Shippers
– Technical and Material Advice
– Support and Structure Recommendations
– Coordinate Registration and Transit of Collection
– Installation, Lighting, Framing or Prep for Travel